prAna gave me clothing for this post but all opinions are my own.
I’ve found my new favorite yoga pants and I don’t want to take them off. I could seriously live in these yoga pants if I didn’t have to wash them from time to time.
prAna has a hemp clothing line, which is where I found these pants. Hemp is the perfect crop to use for yoga clothing because it is sustainable, thick, but also thermal conductive so it stays cool on your skin. Hemp has often been thought of as rough to the touch, but it’s actually incredibly soft.
Here are a few fun facts about hemp:
1. Hemp seed contains a nutrient that is also found in breastmilk.
2. Hemp can reduce carbon emissions through bioremediation.
3. 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothes, linen, drapes, bed sheets, etc., were made from hemp until the 1820s, with the introduction of the cotton gin.
4. Hemp processed with lime to create a concrete-like material, also known as hempcrete can be used for insulation in houses.
5. Hemp can replace plastic, fiberglass and other materials in composite panels.
The pants I got were the Leda pants in wine rosewood. The yoga pants I have fit like a glove and don’t move. My acrylic yoga pants tend to either ride up of fall off my waist so that I have to keep pulling them up. I’ve never had that problem with my prAna yoga pants. They stay in place so that I can focus on my yoga postures without adjusting my clothing.
Oh and did I mention they have pockets? How convenient is that? They are not only the most comfortable pants that I’ve ever owned, but I can carry my phone and keys in my back pockets.
I also ordered a cozy up t-shirt to go with my pants. The t-shirt is also made out of hemp and boy does it live up to its name. It is oh so cozy. Having this comfy t-shirt and yoga pants makes me want to throw out all of my pajamas and get hemp pajamas. What am I doing with my life?!
On the downside, they are the most expensive yoga pants I’ve ever owned. The retail price is $79. But if you want to get ahold of the best yoga pants you will ever own you can get a 15% off discount if you use the code PHCB18 at checkout at prana.com. You will thank me when you try these on, I promise.