Disclaimer: There are affiliate links included in this post. Should you click on these links and purchase something through Amazon I will receive commission. Even with this commission these are my personal opinions.
Here lately I’ve been big into reading (or listening) to personal development books. I’ve managed to find some really awesome ones that have really inspired me to either change the way I do things in my life or to improve my habits. I think it’s so important for us to take at least 10 minutes a day to read personal development books or listen to podcasts that inspire us. So I’m going to share my favorite books that I’ve read lately.
1. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Author Jen Sincero cuts through the cheesy self help bullshit and cuts straight to the point. She gives you tips on how to get out of your head and get over your fears so that you can get out there and get what you want out of life. This is by far one of my favorite books that I plan on reading again.
2. Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success
John C Maxwell is an incredible motivation author. In Failing Forward he encourages you to learn from your failures and to keep moving forward after your failures. Every successful person has had failures, big ones. If you aren’t failing, you aren’t learning how to succeed.
3. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
I can not say enough good things about Simon Sinek and Start with Why. The concept behind Start with Why is incredible. One of the reasons the biggest leaders are so successful is because they have a solid reason to why they do what they do. They are able to use their “why” and inspire others to take action.
4. Fall in Happy With You: 101 Thoughts to Create Happiness From Within
Author and coach, Nita Pettibone has complied a list of 101 inspirational and motivational thoughts to give you a little boost to your day. You can also contact Nita to be part of her online motivational groups.
5. The Compound Effect
Darren Hardy has created and easy to use method to help your reach your goals and become successful.
6. Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
The irony of me putting this book on my list is that I keep procrastinating reading the whole thing. This books gives you those tips that you need to know, but don’t want to hear to keep you from getting distracted.
7. Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
Tony Robbins gives you a step by step guide on how to take control of your life. This is a must read. And don’t just read this book, actually do the exercises in the book to get the most out of it.
8. The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
This book gives you some excellent tips on how to run a successful online business from anywhere in the world. This was one of the first personal development books I read.
9. The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
I recommend this book to anyone who is starting a new business or anyone who has a small business. This book will continuously test the vision of your business and give you tips to keep your business from failing. This is a must read!
10. The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future
This is another must read for new and upcoming small businesses. This easy to use guide will show you how you can start a business with very little money.