Yes, you read that title right. I work out everyday. Working out has become one of those non-negotiable things that I do every single day. Now don’t get me wrong there are days when I take “rest” days and don’t do a structured workout. But even on those days I am staying active playing with the kids, hiking, cleaning house, etc. Working out everyday may sound overwhelming, but it’s really not. I wake up every morning at 6:15 and get in a 30 minute workout. With the right workout 30 minutes is plenty of time to get in an amazing workout. So here are the reasons I work out every single day.
1. Working out wakes me up and sets the right mood for my day. 99% of the time working out leaves me in an amazing mood and ready to take on the day.
2. Working out makes me want to eat healthier. If I am putting in this work I don’t want to throw it all away by overindulging in fast food and junk food.
3. Working out forces me to drink more water. I used to be horrible about drinking sodas and sugary drinks that are horrible for you. My body now craves water and lots of it now that I’m working out.
4. I’m setting a good example for my kids. My 9 year old has now run on her elementary school cross country team and is currently involved in her after school fitness club and getting ready to run in her first 5K. And my son eagerly gets in on my T25 workouts. He has some awesome high knee action!
5. I’m setting a good example for my family. Hearing my mom, a smoker of 34 years, tell me that I am inspiring her to want to get healthy, work out and quit smoking is probably the best thing I’ve heard. After decades of nagging her to stop smoking who knew all it would take was for me to truly start taking care of myself for her to finally quit smoking.
6. I have more focus and concentration after I workout. I can actually finish those difficult projects after I’ve had a good workout.
7. Working out is a stress reliever. If I’m having a stressful day a good workout eases my stress SO much.
8. I’m taking care of my heart health NOW. Heart issues run in my family. I’m working hard to prevent any possible future heart issues. I actually want to be around for my kids for a little while.
9. I have more energy when I work out.
10. I sleep better when I work out. I used to have a hard time getting to sleep at night. Now I have a hard time staying awake past 10pm. This means I’m actually getting the good, solid sleep that my body needs.
Do you workout? If so, how often and why do you workout? If you don’t work out what’s stopping you?