The time has come. We officially have a new president and there are a lot of people who aren’t happy about it, including myself. I rarely go into political topics on my blog, but I’m feeling the need to do so today. Let’s face it, this was a terrible election. In my opinion, we were left with 2 terrible choices. And Trump is what we got. It still kind of pains me to write that. Ok, let me practice. Presi….Presiden…President Tr….President Trum..p…President Trump. There I said it. That’s what we have.
While I am not thrilled with President Trump, I hope he lives up to the many promises he made in his inauguration speech. I really hope that he works for ALL of the people of America. I keep seeing some of my friends post this image on Facebook, with the quote, “I hope Donald Trump is a good president. Wanting him to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane that we are ALL on.” One of my friends had the following reply to one of these posts, “Of course, if the pilot is aiming for the ground wanting to him succeed doesn’t help much either.”
I agree with both statements. Which is why I think it is important now more than ever that we have civil conversations with each other and figure out what we need to do to work together to make sure Trump doesn’t crash the plane we call America. Instead of fighting with each other, we need to lead through love. That is my motto this year, lead through love.
Here are some of the ways I intend to make it through the next 4 years:
- Be an example for my kids. I had my moment to pout this afternoon during the inauguration. I’m just not going to let my children see me reacting in a childish way about the new president. They have heard me talk about why I disapprove of him. I just don’t want to dwell on the negative. I want to instead focus on the positive things we can do as a family to make our community a better place.
- I plan to engage with my community more often and in a more meaningful way. I want to get together with my fellow women entrepreneurs more often and stand together and help each other out no matter what our political beliefs are.
- I plan to focus on my happiness and finding joy in life rather than spending countless hours watching coverage of scenarios that I have absolutely no control over.
- I plan to pay closer attention to local politics.
- I plan to talk more to Trump supporters. I want to understand them and work with them to hold Trump accountable.
Let’s face it. Both parties are seriously flawed. So the best thing we can do is continue to stand together and love one another. There are over one millions Tampa injury lawyers in the USA today, so locating one who possesses the ideal combination of expertise, experience, knowledge and a proven track record of success, is challenging. It is up to us to work together now. Lead through love my friends.